Friday, January 16, 2015

Warm Enough to Flea Market!

 Yay!!! It is finally warm enough to go out to the Flea Market for a day! It has been way to long. The past few weeks have been far too cold. Then before that, for at least a month before that, it seemed it picked all the weekends to rain. I enjoy the rain, especially when my garden is growing, but I don't like it when it always comes on flea market days. Guess no matter what the weather does, we are going to find something to complain that it doesn't match up with.

I'm not sure which I am more excited about, getting to finally set up, or getting to go walk around the other vendors a bit and see what bargains they have that I can't live without! I remember last time I was there, I saw several things I was wishing I could get, and since then, I have realized that some of the things I saw but didn't look at too closely, I have since thought of something I needed them for.

One woman had some wigs for sale. I looked at them, even played around with one, but thought. "I certainly don't need one of those!" But then, one of my girls had me make her a headband. Now she thinks I could sell a lot of them. I was trying to figure out what I could display them on. I have seen, at our local hobby shop, that they have those cheap, styrofoam heads that you can display things on. Those things look creepy! Then I remembered the wigs and thought that one of them might make one of those cheap white heads look a lot better. Would be even better if I could find something round, tomorrow, that is unique and head-size, that I could use! What do you think I should look for that might work?

Are you going flea marketing this weekend? or garage or yard sale shopping? or checking out the thrift stores? Will you be looking for anything in particular or will you be just enjoying the day as you randomly look around and browse? I would love to hear about your flea marketing plans for the weekend. Feel free to tell us in the comments.

HAPPY FLEA MARKETING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment